Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I wish none of this had happened

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, beside the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

--------another scene--------

The Lady of the Wood: This task was appointed to you. And if you do not find a way, no one will.

Frodo: Then I know what I must do. It’s just I’m afraid to do it.

The Lady of the Wood: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.


Be encouraged, my soul!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ping pong!! just come here to see see look look

Leila Berg said...

oh... welcome!

eehh. in fact i wasn't prepare to have anyone to visit here..

hehe..anyway, welcome, my first commenter.

Anonymous said...

hey jewei,
thanks for these wonderfull and meaningfull quotes! They always inspire to do something good and positive...